OMG I love how this dress turned out! It was so easy and barring the needle size issue and some strap attachment dilemma, it went really quickly! I took notes as I went so I can provide pattern mods here for anyone who might happen upon my page and want to know what I did. Here it is before I put the straps on (heh, strap on).
I used THIS pattern for the most part. The only mods were adding a seed stitch border to the bottom, doing 37 rows for the straps (accidentally) instead of 39, and weaving a ribbon in the eyelets formed underneath the top ribbing when you do the increase round. SO CUTE! This was my first attempt at picking up stitches and it was easy, as I'd been told...I figured it out just by looking at a few web sites.
Here's a close up of the razor back.
And one more just b/c.
Sunday, June 29, 2008
Wednesday, June 25, 2008
Well...Chloe is on her way to a remarkable recovery and I'm proud to say that the blanket I made her is well loved. It makes me so happy to know that something I made with my own two hands will be cherished for years to come.
This is the beginning of a birthday dress I'm making for Sara, who turns 3 on July 30th. She requested pink and yellow, but I had this white and pink variegated Sugar 'n Cream so decided to use that...and I love it! That pic above is no longer what the project looks like since I had to frog the whole damn thing. The initial ribbing (the white part, which is the top part of the dress) was too big on size 7's so I wanted to switch to 5's. I thought I could just frog that part and redo it...but NOOOO, that would've been too easy. I got so frustrated trying to figure out how to pick out and unravel the cast on edge that, in a fit of frustration, took a scissor to it and cut it. AND THAT DIDN'T WORK EITHER.
I ended up frogging the entire thing...almost in tears, even though it wasn't that much. Just...all that good knittin' gone to waste. But anyway, it's already restarted, the ribbing completed (much better on 5's) and about an inch into the st st part of the dress. Will post pattern mods when finished, but the pattern is the Sugar Plum Kids Sundress and can be found HERE.