Saturday, December 15, 2007

Fleur de Lis, Dragonfly, and Om Cloths

Made a white one first with size 7's and it was way too stretchy and loose. The 6's worked much better, and I made a point to knit tightly. I think it turned out great and will show it to Gabby and ask her what she'd like me to make of it. I'm thinking I can make a few more and join them to be...SOMETHING. Free pattern HERE.

I love how this Dragonfly one turned out. Made it for Kareen as a little Christmas nothing gift...she loves dragonflies and of course pink, so I knew she would love this. I gave it to her today and she liked it a lot. Free pattern HERE.

And here's the Om cloth I just made for Sasha. I messed up the bottom edge somehow (late-night knitting, anyone?) but I'm leaving it. Free pattern HERE.

Tania's Legwarmers of them, anyway. One down, 15 to go.

I'm making 8 pairs of legwarmers as 'thank you' gifts for the students/cast members in the ballet I'm choreographing for the university. They need to be finished by Feb 28th. I decided I'd better seam them as I finished them, so the dreaded seaming of 16 legwarmers isn't left for the last minute.

I modified the pattern as follows: cast on 32 sts (instead of 27)

Stitch Pattern:

Row 1: sl st purlwise, (K2, P1) to last st, K1
Row 2: sl st purlwise, (K1, P2) to last st, K1

Did 5 rows in pattern with grey, then switched to rose and knit in pattern for another 30 rows (35 rows total, or 9 inches). Switched back to grey for remaining 5 rows. Bind off. Seam together with mattress stitch. Final piece measures 10 inches.

Very Berry Legwarmers

Whipped these up quickly for Sara for Christmas. She's all about the cozy, and holding two strands of RH Plush yarn together sure resulted in cozy!

I used a small amount of each color. Followed the free pattern found at zakka life. The only modification was doing a 30 st cast-on instead of 32. Therefore, for the top and bottom ribbing, I ended the 1st, 3rd, and 5th rows with (k1, p1). I used the dark purple alone for the ribbing, and then held two strands together until the piece measured 7.5", at which point I started the ribbing again. Final piece measures 8".

UPDATE: Sara could care less about these, guess she was too young. So I think I'm going to give them to Summer for her dance classes instead. When Sara starts dance classes, I'll make her legwarmers in every color.