Sunday, June 29, 2008

Well that was quick!



OMG I love how this dress turned out! It was so easy and barring the needle size issue and some strap attachment dilemma, it went really quickly! I took notes as I went so I can provide pattern mods here for anyone who might happen upon my page and want to know what I did. Here it is before I put the straps on (heh, strap on).



I used THIS pattern for the most part. The only mods were adding a seed stitch border to the bottom, doing 37 rows for the straps (accidentally) instead of 39, and weaving a ribbon in the eyelets formed underneath the top ribbing when you do the increase round. SO CUTE! This was my first attempt at picking up stitches and it was easy, as I'd been told...I figured it out just by looking at a few web sites.

Here's a close up of the razor back.



And one more just b/c.

3 comments:

Stacey said...

That turned out SOOO cute. I often find myself wishing I had a little girl to make things for. LOL

Mary Ann said...

Sweeeeet!

shillelagh said...

Absolutely darling. Lucky girl who's getting it! ;>)