Friday, August 1, 2008

Seventy Scarf

WOO! Bought some Malabrigo today! Never mind that I have 3 skeins of the "Oceanos" colorway sitting here awaiting a purpose (a shrug for me is my intention). This yarn already had a purpose: a scarf for Uncle Paul's 70th birthday that we'll be celebrating over Thanksgiving (in FL this year). Not a colorway I would have normally chosen but it's manly yet colorful too. I think he'll like it.



This is my FIRST TIME knitting with Malabrigo and yeah, I get it now. The colorway is “Noviembre” and I like how it's very Fall Season/Thanksgiving-y.



I was going to do the ‘my so called scarf’ but I don’t think it shows off this yarn well so I am just doing a simpler pattern of st st with a seed stitch border.

CO 30
Seed Stitch for 4 rows
Row 5: k1, p1, k1, p1, k22, p1, k1, p1, k1
Row 6: k1, p1, k1, p1, p22, p1, k1, p1, k1

Repeat Rows 5 and 6 to desired length.

1 comment:

Lista said...

Great colors! It's so cheerful! I've never used Malabrigo before, but it looks lovely!