Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Happy Meshy Beach Bag



Added the strap. Decided to make one wide strap in lieu of 2. I think I made it a little too long in an effort to not make it too short. Typical. But I like it. Here’s what I did.

After the 10 garter stitch rounds...

Round 1: K5, BO 48, K10, BO 48, K5

Place the K10 sts on a stitch holder. Knit 5 sts, making 10 sts left on the needles. Work in garter stitch for desired strap length. I’m not sure what I did but again, I would’ve done it a bit shorter (I’m actually debating doing a crochet border around the strap and top of bag with the rainbow yarn). I then did a 3 needle bind off and crocheted like two sts to secure the end tightly. Also, I love that the bag can be slung across the body.

Here, have some more pics.





3 comments:

Lesalicious said...

Hey haven't visited in awhile. Dropping in to say Hi Love your mesh bag very cute and colorful.:) Great job.

Lista said...

It turned out so pretty! I love it! (Then again, you haven't made anything that I didn't love yet!)

Unknown said...

Love the bag and the cheerful colours in the yarn.

Have you taken it to market and put something in it yet???? Hmmmm????
Love,
Shelagh